Iconic Easter Candy Gets a Feature Film

Posted on Apr 23 2014 - 9:28am by Christopher

Iconic Easter Candy Gets a Feature Film

Right when you think you’ve seen every weird movie idea; you finally see one that surprises you and that’s the idea of making a whole film based off of candy. What candy do you ask? It’s popular around Easter time and they are marshmallow birds and rabbits; we are getting a film adaptation of Peeps.

Now I love Peeps and surely eat them every time Easter comes around, the movie is going to be about how the Peep is misplaced for some contest and has to go through many lands of fantasy to get back; it sounds interesting but I still can’t imagine a movie based off of marshmallow animals.

I kind of hope that they keep the design of the marshmallow Peeps for the movie; I think they look pretty cute as they are and I don’t want to see them get changed to look more “realistic” or anything like that. But who knows, I can’t even imagine a movie like this and find it weird; I’d actually like it to become a surprising success and I bet it will be released sometime next Easter.

WordPress Author Box

Christopher is the founding father of Double Aardvark Media. He’s the type of guy who enjoys anything that’d be considered nerdy or geeky and isn’t afraid to state his honest opinion.

Like us on Facebook
on Facebook

Follow @@DoubleAardvarks on Twitter
Add me on Google+
on Google+

22 Comments so far. Feel free to join this conversation.

1. Terry April 23, 2014 at 12:30 pm - Reply

I bet they will keep the peep marshmallow design. If not… most of us would have no idea what they are talking about.

2. Kristen from The Road to Domestication April 23, 2014 at 2:01 pm - Reply

Oh, that’s funny! At least the kids will like it LOL

3. Sarah Bailey April 23, 2014 at 2:47 pm - Reply

I had never heard of peeps till this year – will be interesting to see what they do with them in the movie :) x

4. Fabulous Perks April 23, 2014 at 3:16 pm - Reply

I’ve never had peeps, I have seen them in the supermarket but never snagged any to try.

5. Rosey April 23, 2014 at 3:38 pm - Reply

I bet the kids will love it. That kind of thing is funny to the kids. :)

6. Pam April 23, 2014 at 4:19 pm - Reply

Oh, I wonder what the movie will be like! I can’t imagine what they are going to do with it.

7. Amanda Ripsam April 23, 2014 at 4:45 pm - Reply

birds and rabbits I guess as long it taste the same then maybe people will not have a issue with the change

8. Amber Edwards April 23, 2014 at 5:01 pm - Reply

This is going to be quite an…interesting film. I don’t know how they can make an amazing film about a Peep. But it will be fun to see what they come up with.

9. Robin (Masshole Mommy) April 23, 2014 at 6:04 pm - Reply

You know, I bet it is going to end up being really cute and I am sure I will end up seeing it with my kids at some point.

10. Veronica April 23, 2014 at 9:03 pm - Reply

haha! Somehow I am not surprised. Peeps dominated the blogosphere over Easter, with all the fun recipes I saw. I will be watching that film

11. Melanie April 23, 2014 at 10:52 pm - Reply

Interesting, that would be a very interesting film to say the least. Wonder how they’d do it

12. Tough Cookie Mommy April 23, 2014 at 10:55 pm - Reply

Peeps are such a classic Easter treat that I am not surprised that they are starting to feature them all year round.

13. Jennifer Williams April 23, 2014 at 11:08 pm - Reply

I believe that ever kid will want to see that movie. I love Peeps and am so glad they are available more year round now.

14. Liz Mays April 24, 2014 at 12:13 am - Reply

This is one of the funniest things I’ve heard today. I can’t even believe it!

15. Michelle H April 24, 2014 at 3:41 am - Reply

A whole new line of merchandising for the movie theatre concession stands. I agree, the Peep needs to be featured in it’s natural form!

16. Onica {MommyFactor} April 24, 2014 at 6:00 am - Reply

Ok that’s funny. But really ou can make a movie about anything so not surprised about a peeps movie.

17. Amanda April 24, 2014 at 7:51 am - Reply

Don’t throw marshmallows or anything at me but I don’t like Peeps…to eat! I love to have them to decorate with – they are so iconic of Easter! We top our cupcakes with them…have a rabbit peep shaped cookie cutter. I hope they don’t change their look! Change their taste…I might not mind!

18. Triplezmom April 24, 2014 at 8:23 am - Reply

I don’t like Peeps, but they are cute to look at. I’m not sure how I feel about a movie inspired by a candy.

19. becca April 24, 2014 at 3:21 pm - Reply

I’m a total peeps kind of girl. I like that they come in different colors and holiday seasons now.

20. Erica April 24, 2014 at 8:35 pm - Reply

I treated myself to an iced coffee at Dunkin Donuts today. The first thing I noticed on the sign at the drive up was Peeps donuts! I couldn’t believe it!

21. Rachee April 24, 2014 at 9:24 pm - Reply

I love the Peeps dioramas but not so sure about a movie. I think I may skip this one although it does sound cute.

22. Ashley Gill April 24, 2014 at 9:25 pm - Reply

I heard about this earlier in the week! I know my daughter will want to see this movie! Sounds silly to me, but I’ll wait for a final judgement on when it comes out!

Leave A Response