Superhero Comic Book Movies Becoming More Oscar Worthy?

Posted on Apr 14 2014 - 4:44pm by Christopher

Superhero Comic Book Movies Becoming More Oscar Worthy?

I am a huge fan of the comic book superhero movies that have been coming out from Marvel and DC Comics seems to be pretty absent so far from this scene but who knows what they’ll do; the movies feel like they are getting much better. Not only on the visual effects, but I find the casting of actors and the acting of said actors is becoming far better.

I recently saw Captain America: The Winter Soldier, maybe not Oscar worthy but it was pretty damn good; I especially loved Robert Redford as Alexander Pierce because he did an amazing job. Anthony Mackie as Falcon was also a great addition to the Marvel universe; I just feel like the superhero genre of films keeps improving.

It won’t be long till an Oscar will be given to a superhero movie; Heath Ledger was the first actor to recieve an Oscar for the portrayal of a comic book character in a movie. Heath won for his performance as The Joker in “The Dark Knight“; he did do an amazing job presenting a new take on The Joker and really deserved it. I believe it’s only in due time that Superhero movies will start being contenders for the Oscars, I can’t wait to see that day.

WordPress Author Box

Christopher is the founding father of Double Aardvark Media. He’s the type of guy who enjoys anything that’d be considered nerdy or geeky and isn’t afraid to state his honest opinion.

Like us on Facebook
on Facebook

Follow @@DoubleAardvarks on Twitter
Add me on Google+
on Google+

24 Comments so far. Feel free to join this conversation.

1. Terry April 15, 2014 at 10:25 am - Reply

Heath did such a great job portraying the Joker… too bad he things happened for him the way it did. He was a wonderful actor.

2. Robin (Masshole Mommy) April 15, 2014 at 10:58 am - Reply

I think some of the actors in superhero movies are very deserving of the award. The scripts in most of those movies are very detailed and it’s about the actor and they job they do, right – not the role specifically.

3. Maria April 15, 2014 at 11:52 am - Reply

Heath did such a great job!! I can’t wait to see more of the series be brought to life.

4. Ashley Gill April 15, 2014 at 2:23 pm - Reply

There are quite a few movies out there that I think deserve Oscars and am so happy Heath Ledger got one for his portrayal of The Joker.

5. Pam April 15, 2014 at 2:40 pm - Reply

I love superhero movies. They may not all be Oscar worthy but at least they are entertaining.

6. Rosey April 15, 2014 at 4:39 pm - Reply

I’d like to see the new Captain America. I may go when the kids are in school (the teen girl has no interest, can you imagine?? and the little one’s still too little). :)

7. Amber Edwards April 15, 2014 at 4:52 pm - Reply

Heath Ledger was absolutely brilliant in his role! I love the new Comic book movies. I think they need to be recognized for being brilliant movies.

8. Mel Cole April 15, 2014 at 5:50 pm - Reply

I want to see the latest Captain America movie too. I haven’t read the Oscar winnings yet.

9. Amy Desrosiers April 15, 2014 at 6:36 pm - Reply

I loved Heath Ledger in all his movies, he was a brilliant actor and knew how to play the parts he was given. I have to say I am not really into super heroes traditionally, but when they cast hot guys like Chris Evans then I want to check them out.

10. becca April 15, 2014 at 7:29 pm - Reply

I adored Heath Ledger. He did such a great job portraying the Joker it’s too bad things happened the way they did for him. He was a wonderful actor.

11. Sarah Bailey April 15, 2014 at 8:15 pm - Reply

My other half is the super hero fan in our house. Heath Ledgers joker was amazing.

12. Amber Nelson April 15, 2014 at 8:49 pm - Reply

Heath was one of my favorites. Still so sad that he is gone.

13. Annemarie April 15, 2014 at 10:21 pm - Reply

Heath did an amazing job but for the most part most superheros are cheesy and campy.

14. Jennifer Williams April 15, 2014 at 10:54 pm - Reply

My youngest one is a super hero lover. He would love to see all the moves of course he is 4 so not all of them are appropriate. My husband and oldest son go to see them though.

15. Tough Cookie Mommy April 15, 2014 at 11:07 pm - Reply

I think you are right and that these film renditions are getting better and better. We saw Captain America last week and it was amazing.

16. Veronica April 15, 2014 at 11:33 pm - Reply

I am not really a big fan of super hero movies, but I have seen some Oscar worthy performances

17. Aisha Kristine Chong April 16, 2014 at 5:49 am - Reply

I noticed that myself – a lot of comic hero stuff are becoming oscar worthy!

18. Ronnie April 16, 2014 at 9:36 am - Reply

Heath was spectacular in that role. I think it was his absolute best acting. I’m not much of a fan of awards, but I do love all the Marvel/DC comics movies coming out.

19. Grandma Bonnie April 16, 2014 at 10:43 am - Reply

Even my adult children are into all the Marvel and DC comics. My oldest is fascinated with the Dark Night.

20. Theresa April 16, 2014 at 12:26 pm - Reply

I am not much of a comic book movie watcher, except I am really looking forward to seeing the performance of Wonder Woman. I hope she does a good job and gets her own full length movie!

21. Liz Mays April 16, 2014 at 10:00 pm - Reply

I personally didn’t feel Heath’s performance was Oscar caliber. It was good, but there were better that year. However, the stories of the superhero movies are definitely getting better.

22. Marielle Altenor April 16, 2014 at 10:56 pm - Reply

It’s not a lot of time that I watch a movie and fall in love with the villain! Heather Ledger really did a wonderful job playing the joker!

23. Dawn April 17, 2014 at 1:13 am - Reply

I agree. The super hero movie genre is getting so much better. I think I saw a noticed improvement about the time the Spiderman movies came out with Tobey McGuire. And the Avengers. Oh my gosh, was the ante upped!

24. Natasha Mairs April 17, 2014 at 6:50 am - Reply

I thought Heath Ledger in the Dark Knight at the Joker was brilliant. I really heard part to play and he did it perfectly

Leave A Response